Monday, July 23, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Session 1



I've been on a strong Internet tip all weekend and my next post will be a few recommendations from my recently rejuvenated link list.

This afternoon though, I was listening to the splosh of the people in the crowded pool below my balcony (hence the Hockney image) and threw together this little session from some bits and pieces I've been feeling recently. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.divshare.com/download/1342783-cf3

or

http://files.filefront.com/Sunday+Afternoon+Sessionrar/;8117160;;/fileinfo.html

01 Giorgio Moroder – Tears
02 Blackalicious - You Didn't Know That Though
03 Marvin Gaye - A Funky Space Reincarnation
04 Weldon Irvine - Liberated Brother
05 Tito Puente - Tito On Timbales (1956)
06 Rainer Trüby Trio / Peter Kruder – Donaueschingen
07 Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper
08 Gabor Szabo - Baby Rattle Snake
09 Dave Pike – Mathar
10 Eddie Palmieri & Harlem River Drive - Idle Hands
11 Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
12 Baden Powell Quartet - Batuque
13 Carlos Dafé - De Alegria Raiou O Dia
14 Bing Crosby - Just a Gigolo (1931)

Special thanks to Gary Walsh over at John Peel Everyday for the Bing track.

No comments: