Saturday, November 24, 2007

Link rays



Life has failed to meet my high expectations once again so I've decided to lay down and hit you with some linkin'

Those who wanted me to reup my Moodymann rareties will be heartened by tracks on offer at Boards Of Electronica. I've also been digging their I:Cube uploads lately. Sadly my own Moodymann compilation no longer exists, except distributed all over my DVDs-of-mp3s archives which would take hours to recompile. Sorry, I should've saved a copy in my hard drive. I'll sort another one out in the future. Same goes for the Radiohead remixes - but those will be a bit easier to regather.

Sad but unsurprised to see Swami's given up the ghost but A Great Work Of Fiction will at least fill the void left by Church Number 9 particularly with its recent posting of all ten of Thurston Moore's recommended underground jazz albums.

Another promising new blog is Boogie No More, including all ten of Irma Records's lushly packaged and superhip Easy Tempo compilations. Volume 5 was one of the first vinyls I bought and features Stephano Torossi's Running Fast - which is one of those tracks that is quite simply perfection.

Long may New Mixes continue. As well as providing Gilles-a-plenty including this awesome Brownswood show and a Moodymann interview they've also got John Digweed's Transitions from London's Kiss FM including recent sessions from Gui Boratto, Terry Francis and Chris Fortier.

Also worth registering at Resident Advisor just to grab this indecently good mix by Tyger Dhula of Cobblestone Jazz. You can't sleep on these mixes, by the way.

And one of my links I don't see around so much is OLO Radio which right now has this tasty mix by Lacuna (no, me neither - as is the case with most of the selectors here).

Once again, in a nerdy way, I have to big up my link list. Its a highly diverse but highly select group!

Image by Tatiana Sardá though the latest pictures are protected by some kind of technical devillery. Gorgeous, artistic, weird... I'm in love... again.

No comments: