Sunday, February 12, 2006

Corporation:Blend splits up

Got in touch with an old pal in London where I used to live and he told me another old pal's band had gone their separate ways.
Got me musing (again) about how nice it would be to be in a band, especially one with longevity like REM, RHCP or personal old faves Teenage Fanclub. To hang out with the same dudes for a decade or two, seeing all those changes in your lives and expressing them with music.
And last night, out walking my girlfriend's dog, I heard the sound of some people jamming, an acoustic guitar strumming, a Brazilian vibe. I looked at the lighted window and sighed with that special nostalgia reserved for another's life glimpsed.
As it turned out, the music was coming from a nearby car radio, but you know what I mean.

No comments: